After years of development the company EditShare has published a release of the video editor Lightworks 12.5, available including for the Linux platform.
The free version of Lightworks is limited of saving results in formats for Web (for example, MPEG4 / H.264) with a resolution up to 720p and not includes some advanced features, such as collaboration tools.
Lightworks for Linux is available for download in the form of a 64-bit assembly in RPM format and DEB. Lightworks code still remains closed, but the EditShare company are working on the issue opening of source code of the product.
Lightworks is classified as professional tools and actively used in the film industry, competing with products such as Apple FinalCut, Avid Media Composer, and Pinnacle Studio. Use Lightworks editors repeatedly won in technical nominations Oscars and Emmys.
The editor has a convenient interface and unmatched set of supported features, including a large set of tools for synchronizing video and audio, the possibility to impose a variety of video effects in real time, “native” support for video with a resolution of SD, HD, 2K and 4K formats DPX and RED , means for simultaneous editing of data captured by several cameras, involvement of the GPU to speed up computing tasks.
The main innovations:
- Support file formats 3D LUT .3dl, .looks, .cube, .davlut and .mga;
- The ability to import files from DNG-pack Cinema;
- Improving of the Content Manager;
The paid version adds:
- support for custom export formats: H.264 / MP4, XAVCIntra WebM;
- resolutions up to 4K;
- the ability to export as XML;
- advanced export to AVID Media Composer;
- support for export to YouTube with a resolution of 2K and 4K;
- the use of visual effects Boris FX text effects and Boris Graffiti.
Lightworks Overview – http://www.editshare.com/products/lightworks-product-information
Lightworks Forum – http://www.lwks.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&view=listcat&Itemid=82