It is 4 am in the morning and you happen to be online.
As you troubleshoot on your ladies wear ecommerce site, you notice a string of complaints regarding technical issues with cart transactions.
You try it out and realize no customer can actually shop from you at the moment. You try contacting your web host but all channels are off.
Risk of Poor Web Host Choice
While this might sound like an extreme situation, you just need to talk to several business owners. You will then appreciate how debilitating the wrong choice of a web host company can be for your venture. If you want to set up a small business site, you need cheap web hosting.
However, this must not be at the cost of compromising quality. You need to realize that you face stiff competition in your niche and a poor web host will lead to loss of business, low sales conversion, low ROI and eventually total collapse.
Tips on Choosing a Reliable Low Cost Web Host
- To avert financial ruin due to unreliability of your web host, consider these factors when choosing an inexpensive hosting service:
- Consider the host’s package: You need to assess your needs first before going to the market. Look at various options on offer including shared hosting, virtual private server (VPS), dedicated web hosting among others. Choice of any type of hosting depends on traffic on your ecommerce page.
- Reliability and availability: These two factors reign supreme in determining performance of your ecommerce page. Make sure you buy hosting services from a company that guarantees a certain level of uptime. Moreover, make sure there is 24/7/365 round-the-clock customer support for quick resolution of technical or billing problems.
- Assess the pricing: As a small business, you need a cheap hosting service that will not force you to upgrade your package every other day. As such, ask about the traffic limit included in the basic price you are getting. What’s more, enquire about all other costs including streaming video/ audio, image maps among other features you might need.
Consider the features in a hosting package: You need to consider the bandwidth and disc space available to determine whether it is sufficient for your operations. If a web host service offers unlimited space and bandwidth ask for explanation of exactly where this unlimited offer ends.
- Compare different web hosts: When looking for a low-cost hosting service visit a credible review page to compare prices and features of hosting plans on offer. InexpensiveWebHosting.reviews is a trendsetter in finding cheap web hosts and your search should start and preferably end on this platform.
- Easy-to-use interface: Ensure your web host offers a free trial period for you to acclimatize with the user interface. The UI panel must be intuitive, easy for email accounts management as well as to navigate around. This averts the need for specialized skills or resorting to customer care every other minute.
Other factors to consider include features in the web hosting services such as web designs, backups, website templates and software, SLA agreements, flexibility, among others.
Still wondering how to make your web hosting choice? These considerations are a good place to start but remember it all boils down to the expertise and reputation of your cheap web hosting service.
Don’t compromise quality of your web page because you risk the wrath of your choosy customers as a business owner you know hell hath no fury like an online customer delayed.