When it comes to the best eCommerce platform in present times, Magento is the name that all hail.
This open-source eCommerce platform has many awesome features that are user-friendly. Till date no other platform has been able to offer that much of flexibility in offering a great aesthetic appeal and high functionality to an eCommerce store. It also offers seamless content management.
The administration interface of Magento is one-of-its-kind that is equipped with several superb catalogue management and search engine optimisation tools. These tools give the flexibility to build websites tailored to their business needs.
Launched in 2008, Magento became quite a sensation as a great eCommerce platform within a short span of time. In 2011, eBay acquired Magento.
Let’s check out the top features of Magento in the following:
- Magento comes as an ultimate eCommerce solution for many organisations as it is a powerful integration of an impressive supply network and customisable designs.
- Magento offers a bevy of user-friendly features.
- With Magento, your eCommerce website gets updated automatically. This is something which is not offered by any other eCommerce platform.
- Magento is characterised by its simplicity, pace and its multi-tasking nature. Customers find it easier to search products and make purchases on a website based on Magento.
- Magento redefines online shopping experience.
- Magento helps eCommerce stores in marketing their stocks in multiple realms.
- Magento enhances the scalability of a website since it comes with a number of extensions.
- Magento provides a host of search engine optimisation, catalogue management and advertising tools. This caters to the diverse business requirements of the online merchants.
- Magento ensures efficient order management. It is easier to view, create, modify and complete orders at this eCommerce platform. A customer can get benefitted from email notifications related to orders placed by him or her and RSS feeds of the orders.
- Magento comes with back-end and self-service tools that ensure customer satisfaction.
- Magento is a global eCommerce platform. It supports multiple currencies and payment methods and more than 60 languages. With Magento, you can globalise your online channel.
What are the three versions of Magento?
The three versions of Magento are as follows:
- Magento Community – As the free version of Magento, Magento Community is very much popular. It is equipped with a wide range of features. A large number of retailers prefer to use Magento Community.
- Magento Enterprise – It is the premium version of Magento. In comparison to Magento Community and Magento Go, Magento Enterprise provides higher functionality. As the name suggests, it is most suitable for enterprise-scale retailers. Since it is costly, it may not be a cost-effective option for a mid-scale retailer.
- Magento Go – Tailor-made for small-scale retailers, Magento Go is a hosted solution. It offers the option to upgrade to advanced versions.
A brief note on Magento Connect
Offering multiple modules for Magento Enterprise and Community, Magento Connect is a powerful extension. It comes with several applications for various purposes, starting from blogging and affiliate marketing to search engine optimisation and image management. A user can go through the reviews and ratings of the applications and then, make up his or her mind regarding which app to purchase or install.
Author’s Bio – James Hamilton is a web developer with more than 10 years of experience in the field. He loves to travel and likes to blog in his leisure time. In his blog, he often comes up articles focusing on different CMS and eCommerce platforms. In this article, James talks about Magento and its striking features. You may check the ratings of top US based web companies based on Magento.