After two years of development, The Endian development team has announced the release of Endian Firewall Community 3.0, built based on CentOS and intended to create firewalls.
The distribution includes a comprehensive set of tools to protect the network from external threats (UTM – Unified Threat Management), such as a packet filter with stateful , funds for anti-virus scanning HTTP/FTP/POP3/SMTP traffic system content filtering tools to protect phishing and spam, SSL / TLS VPN, intrusion detection system . Control system via the web- interface or command line. Size of the boot iso-image – 217 MB.
The main innovations:
- Added support for filtering HTTPS- traffic;
- Added tools to manage domain in the SMTP Proxy and configure the DSN for SMTP;
- Support for creating VPN using IPsec;
- For OpenVPN mode was implemented TUN, for users to install page added compounds prepared for administrators to manage user interface OpenVPN;
- Integrated tools for working with integrated and external certification authority ;
- Support for two-factor authentication (password and certificate);
- Interface for monitoring traffic in the live-mode (used ntopng);
- Schedule system state is now saved between reboots;
- Graphic statistics of postal shipments.
The commercial version differs from Community-edition deployment of wireless networks , technical support , the presence of specialized hardware platform , centralized management , support hypervisor delivery VPN-client for iOS to Android. Community- operated editorial distributed under the GPL.
To learn more please visit http://www.endian.com/en/community/efw-30/