Open Source Latest News: IDE Qt Creator 2.8.0 Released, Upgrading PHP 5.3.27 and 5.4.17, PHP has moved on two positions forward in TIOBE rating, CyanogenMod 10.1.1 released, Overview of the kernel Linux.
IDE Qt Creator 2.8.0 Released
Among the most interesting improvements include:
– Implemented editor to code in Python, supporting syntax highlighting, indenting, a master class (class wizard) and other operations;
– From the Window menu option added Split New Window, which allows you to open a new editor window, repeating the editing area of the main window;
– Added new refactoring tools for C + +: the transfer of the function of the header (header) in the code file (*. Cpp); assignment of local (internal) variable return value of a method or substitution of the expression «new»; adding ads (declaration) and implementation virtual methods from the parent class (superclass);
– Enabled by default evaluation mode differences side by side (diff viewer), which can be used for the operation of version control git. You can also compare arbitrary files via the Tools -> Diff;
– Enhanced tools for integration with Git. For example, now of Qt Creator can produce interactive moving changes in the commit (interactive rebase). Also added support for updating sub-modules (submodule update), implemented the continuation and termination of a variety of operations;
– Added option to collapse the area with information on the progress of the operation in the lower right corner of the display only the summary data;
– Experimental support for debugging using the debugger LLDB, developing project LLVM;
– Added new design components for the platform Android: graphic editor manifest-file support and remote debugging and profiling QML-applications on the device;
– Added a wizard environment for application development platform for BlackBerry. Learn more
Upgrading PHP 5.3.27 and 5.4.17. PHP 5.3.x branch moved to the final phase of support
Issues presented corrective programming language interpreter PHP – 5.4.17 and 5.3.27 which removed about 20 errors. In version 5.3.27 Fixes a vulnerability in the parser XML, which allows you to organize code execution when processing a specially decorated content. Also announced the transfer of PHP 5.3.x branch at the final stage of support. PHP 5.3.27 is the latest release of staff, later in the year will be released only bug dangerous vulnerabilities. All users should upgrade to use PHP 5.4 or 5.5. Learn more
PHP has moved on two positions forward in TIOBE rating
The company TIOBE Software published its latest ranking popularity of programming languages. The most notable change in comparison with the editorial rankings, published a year ago, a marked increase in popularity of the programming language PHP, increased its share of 2.17% and overtake the C # and Visual Basic. The possible reasons for the popularity of PHP can mention the release of PHP 5.5 and PHP Zend Framework 2.0, which increased the activity of PHP developers in search engines.
CyanogenMod 10.1.1 released with fixes for vulnerabilities that can bypass check for a digital signature
Submitted by correcting output CyanogenMod 10.1.1, developed by an independent alternative community assembly platform Android. The new version of the remarkable security fixes that allows to change the APK-package without breaking the digital signature. The new version of CyanogenMod also eliminated the vulnerability CVE-2013-2094 in the Linux kernel and the two vulnerabilities (CVE-2013-2596, CVE-2013-2597) specific to the platform Qualcomm.
Originally part of vulnerability to circumvent the checks APK-package, scheduled to open July 27, but after the publication of the announcement of CyanogenMod developers have been able to get to the bottom of the problem. The problem is caused by the feature extracting archives – an attacker can create a APK-package with duplicate files, ie package will contain all the original data to check that work on the checksum and changed files at the same time, that will not be affected by the test, but will be unpacked during installation and used instead of the original files in the package. The company Bluebox published a special supplement to check for vulnerabilities and scanning packages for trying to use. Google introduced a fix for OEM-manufacturers that based on it will prepare a firmware update. Of manufacturers have already released an update says the company Samsung (the hotfix is available for the model Galaxy S4). Learn more
Overview of the Linux kernel, security-related
James Morris, one of the developers of SELinux, the security subsystem maintainer of the Linux kernel and the leader of the development team of the Linux kernel in Oracle, published an article with a brief description of the current and available options of the Linux kernel, related to the safety and protection of information. Mentioned as well known and widely used features (eg, ACL, Capabilities, SELinux, Smack, AppArmor, TOMOYO, Yama, namespaces, ecryptfs, dm-crypt, auditing, randomization allocation) as well as new developments, such as a module dm-verity to verify the data at the block level and Seccomp filter mechanism to control access to system calls. Learn more