After several years of development represented release xine-lib 1.2.3, the popular multi-platform library for playing video and audio files, as well as a set of related plug-ins.
The library can be used in a number of popular video players, including Xine-UI, gxine, Totem, kaffeine.
Xine supports work in multi-threaded mode, and supports a large number of popular and lesser-known formats and codecs that can handle both local content and transmitted over the network multimedia streams.
The modular architecture allows you to easily expand the functionality through plug-ins. 5 different major classes of plugins: input plugins for data reception (FM, DVD, CD, HTTP, etc.), plugins O (XVideo, OpenGL, SDL, Framebuffer, ASCII, OSS, ALSA, etc.), plug-ins to unpack mediakonteynerov (demuxer), plug-ins for decoding video and audio data, plug-ins for the application of effects (echo cancellation, equalizer, etc.).
Among the key innovations that have been added in the new release:
– Supports hardware accelerated video decoding using the interface VAAPI (Video Acceleration API), promoted by Intel;
– Added a plugin to organize output using OpenGL 2.0;
– Added a quick decoder JPEG-images based on libjpeg;
– The plug-in adds support for output XShm crop an image;
– In plugins output OpenGL, Xv and XShm added support color matrix and a full range of colors;
– A new input plugin for generating test patterns;
– Support for large tables PAT (Program Association Table) into MPEG TS;
– Ability to process the sound EAC3 (using ffmpeg).
The xine project – Home