Saw the release distro CentOS 6.4, based on packet-based Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.4, and develop independent community.
Following the initiative to increase the efficiency of a new version of security update CentOS came a little more than two weeks since the release of RHEL 6.4. In CentOS packages from different repositories RHEL, for example, from the server and from the desktop version, combined into a single package repository and apply a mounting kit. Distribution is 100% binary compatible with RHEL, changes made to the package as a rule limited to the rebranding and changing the decoration.
CentOS 6.4 is available for i386 and x86_64 in the form of DVD-assembly, LiveCD, LiveDVD, the minimal install image (300 MB) and a reduced image for network installation – netinstall.iso (200 MB). SRPMS packages and are available through debuginfo vault.centos.org. In late August, will provide beta CentOS platform for PowerPC.
Of changes in CentOS 6.4, include:
– Integration with the drivers to run CentOS mode paravirtualized guest running virtualization Microsoft Hyper-V;
– To the latest version updates related to Samba4 libraries (samba4-libs), which made it possible to increase compatibility with Active Directory (AD). To avoid conflict, the upgrade to CentOS 6.3 should be deleted before the package samba4;
– Dropped support for outdated Matahari API, used to govern the system. The composition of CentOS 6.4 includes a special update that will remove the package from the system matahari;
– For the i386 added packages dev86, iasl and qemu-guest-agent;
– Change the content of the package 31, including: anaconda, firefox, gnome-desktop, httpd, initscripts, kde-settings, kernel, ntp, openssl098e, plymouth, thunderbird, xulrunner and yum;
– Removed 25 packages, including: libehca, libservicelog, lsvpd, libvpd, openssl-ibmca, powerpc-utils, ppc64-diag, ppc64-utils, python-rhsm, redhat-*, rhn-*, servicelog, s390utils, yaboot, yum -rhn-plugin.