Available version of Linux Mint 15 distribution with the Xfce desktop-environment
Available Xfce-edition of Linux Mint 15 distro. The distribution is based on the packet-base Xubuntu 13.04 and comes with a desktop environment Xfce 4.10, supplemented by a series of original applications, simplifying setup and operation of the system.
In particular, Linux Mint uses reworked menu system, a private manager to install and upgrade applications, the original interface for system setup mintConfig, means for performing backup mintBackup etc. The size of the boot iso-image is 970 MB. The distribution can run on systems with 384 MB of RAM, but for the comfort of the recommended 1 GB of RAM.
Key features of Linux Mint 15 “Xfce”:
- As the default menu is involved Whisker, provides quick access to a catalog of applications commonly used and has recently launched applications, system shortcuts, fresh documents;
- The structure includes a new application Software Sources (MintSources), designed specifically for the Linux Mint and for setting the source application installation, speaking before the replacement of the component software-properties-gtk. From the main screen, Software Sources, you can activate or disable the optional components that enable access to the repository with backports and unstable versions of packages to get the source packages from applications that use external repositories and the PPA, key management, authentication;
- The program also provides a visual interface to select the fastest mirror, showing for each of the mirrors of the results of the test to assess the actual download speed on the current machine;
- As part of the application Driver Manager (MintDrivers) developed a new interface for the installation of available and alternative proprietary drivers for popular devices (NVIDIA, AMD, Broadcom, Samsung, etc.);
- New features of Installation Manager application: added support for automatic download the next portion of the elements at the approach of viewing the end of the page with the list, the ability to search only in certain categories of applications, packages of Java section is now visible in Programming;
- Installation Manager updates no longer require root permissions to update the cache;
- The optimization of the window with a welcome entry into the system;
- Other changes characteristic of packet-base Ubuntu 13.04, for example, the transition to the core Linux 3.8.